South America Travel Blog

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Puerto Lopez

I managed to hurt my foot while beach football, my toes got stuck in the sand, it hurt quite a lot when it happened, but in the beginning I did not pày much attention to it , but then it started inflaming, and the next day my foot was twice it´s original size, and I could hardly walk on it. Anyway there is a physiotherapist in town, but he´s clinic here is open only after six in the afternoon, so I spend the day lying on the beach. The therapist was quite professional to my surprise, and I got a combined treatment of electro stimulation , ultra sound, message, an injection and some pills. And in the beginning he did some pulling on my toes, which you can imagine was quite painful, but the good news was that there was no fracture. I had to come back the next day for another treatment session.

After that I met a group of Dutch chicas and we went to the beach bar with some of the local chikos, where they all danced and had fun , I had to sit on the side and watch because of my foot, not that I know how to dance Salsa anyway, which is the main music that is played at that bar.

My foot is getting better now, I can walk ok, but it still needs a couple of more days to completely heal I think, so I did not do much yesterday and today I am not going to do much either.

I started taking some Spanish lessons, today will be my third lesson. And once my foot heals, I might take another shot at surfing.

Yesterday night was quite interesting, for all the wrong reasons first we had a power outage in the whole town, and then to top it of it started to really rain, the first time since I was here, there was really nothing to do there, but go to bed.

1 Comments:

  • What is/are chicas?

    And if it's what we think it is, then we have a few million of them here ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home