South America Travel Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Cusco

After a 14 hour rough night bus ride I arrived at Cusco, half of the passengers on the bus including me got sick during the trip. I got to the conclusion it is the twisted mountain roads, since the bus rides in the low lands did not make sick. Next time I am going to take the most luxurious bus trip, not that I think it is going to protect me from getting sick, but the extra comfort and luxury might make the sickness more tolerable.

I like Cusco a lot, the city is stylish and beautiful, lively but not too noisy, and I find the people here very nice. After a few days of acclimatization to the 3500m height, I am going do a 5 day hiking track to the Machu Pichu, this is not the traditional Inca trail. Tours to the Inca trail are already booked until the beginning of July. But from what I heard this trek is just as nice as the Inca trail trek, it just does not follow the famous Inca trail path.

I went ahead with my plans to get a web storage, I even uploaded all my pictures there. The nice thing now is that anybody can view my pictures, well most of them, some I am keeping for my self ;-) . The URL for viewing the pictures is : www.streamload.com/whendawi/pictures , it might be more convenient to download all the pictures first and then view them , rather than view them using the browser.

Does anybody actually reads my blog ?

5 Comments:

  • Hello Wael,

    I read your blog (large part of it) and my impression is that you are having plenty of good time and remarkable adventurer spirit.

    Keep writing your blog. This the way that we can be sure that you're alright. Besides, it's a documentation of your travel for long years coming...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:13 PM  

  • wishing you the best,

    Bassam

    (the former comment is mine, and by mistake i sent it before writing the "finalle")

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:15 PM  

  • Of course someone is reading your blog, keep on writing, please !
    And as your friend Bassam said, it's a good way to know, that you're alright.
    Besides some of your comments and stories are simply very funny (like the ipod story for example: .. "anyway it was dead. It might be related to the fact it got wet earlier in the day, when I was lying in the beach chatting with a friend, and we were not paying attention to the fast rising see " .. well, that must have been a very attractive friend, that you didn't notice the rising waves ;-) .. Good luck further and heaps of fun!
    Salamat
    Naeem

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:22 AM  

  • Does anyone read these comments ?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:28 AM  

  • Hey Wael,

    Yes, we sure do read your blog. Good to hear you're doing fine!


    Jeroen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home