South America Travel Blog

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Cochabamba

I arrived to Cochabamba on Saturday, there is not much to do around here, I came especially to learn Paragliding, but I can not start until Thursday, so I had a quite boring few days, I spent my time on the Internet and reading my Harry Potter in Spanish book.

I did not manage to find a USB cable for my camera, but I found a general memory card reader and I bought it. I had to buy several other stuff as well, like sun glasses, dictionary , backpack, etc. I just hope the insurance will pay.

After I got my backpack stolen in La Paz, I went to the Police to make a report, which I need for my insurance, anyway the police man asked me for 20 Bolivianos (2 Euros) for the service, that sounded quite fishy to me then, but I needed the report, and for me it is not much money, so I did not want the hassle and I just paid him. Later on I met a women from Australia who had her handbag stolen as well, and the police man asked 30 Bolivianos for the service. Anyway she paid, but later she found out that it was illegal for the police man to charge her anything, so she went back and demanded her money back, she did get it back eventually , after a long hassle, and not before the police man spat and swore at her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home