South America Travel Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Puerto Lopez

Yesterday I tried to surf again, and I plan to keep trying more this week, the first thing I need to master is how to catch a wave, which I still can´t do yet, it usually takes people weeks to be able to do that. I am continuing with my Spanish lessons as well.

Internet is quite slow here and relatively expensive, or maybe it is expensive because it is slow, since I need a lot of time to read my mail, update my web log, check the news, etc. So I am going to wait on uploading pictures until I am in Cuzcu in Peru, my next destination. I don´t know when I am going to Cuzcu, I am kind of starting to feel bored here, so it might be beginning of next week.

I volunteered to do some cooking tonight for some of my friends here, I planned to cook kafta (ground beef in the oven), but could not manage to find any ground beef in this town, in the end I put a chunk of meat, and I going to try to cut it finely with a knife, I am not sure how my kafta will turn out, I never made this way before .

To other unpleasant matters, my ipod is toast, I plugged it in to charge it like I do everyday, when returned two our later , I noticed that it´s black and white screen was suddenly showing colors, I knew something was wrong, when I touched it was extremely hot and I could smell something burning inside, any way it was dead. It might be related to the fact it got wet earlier in the day, when I was lying in the beach chatting with a friend, and we were not paying attention to the fast rising see, and were hit by a sudden wave, but it worked fine after the incident and I even charged it once, unlike my mobile which also got wet and did not work after that (not that I cared much). So I don´t know if it was a delayed reaction to the water , salt and sand, or just a problem with electricity in the hotel. Anyway I found this US company in the internet that specializes in fixing ipod, I shipped it to them to see if they can fix it, and I am going to make a claim to my insurance.

1 Comments:

  • What about the camera? is it safe?
    Keep it secret, keep it safe!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home