South America Travel Blog

Sunday, August 14, 2005

Cordoba

I am using Cordoba as a stop on the way to Iguazú, it is still 20 hours by bus from here to Iguazú , from there I am heading to Brazil were it is warmer. I hanged around for a couple of days in Cordoba , to relax and charge my batteries (mine and my devices).

I quite liked Cordoba, I just enjoyed just walking around the streets of the city, almost everything was closed on Sunday and yesterday (15 of august holiday), but that just mean the streets were more quite. The people here are some of the nicest I met in my travel, I am staying at el Refuge, a youth hostel run by a very friendly family, every morning the lady would make me a nice cafe con leche. Food is so good around here, that I found hard to resist eating in a restauranat at least once a day, and of course I would order a good bottle of wine to go with the food. I quite liked the Santa Julia wines (Malbec, Syrha , Cabernet Suvion), I bought one bottle of Malbec for the road, only because it would be difficult to carry more.

Heading to Iguazú today , it is going to be a long trip , but I got my ipod and my Harry Potter book to keep me entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home