South America Travel Blog

Friday, October 21, 2005

Bariloche


The Capital of Patagonia, a region of amazing nature and protected national parks. The area is home to many big lakes surrounded by snow capped mountains, while exotic forests cover the lower altitudes. The weather is unstable at the moment, switching between sunny and rainy every a few hours, and it is always windy.

On my second day here I went on a boat trip, it was cloudy and raining outside, which made the trip very boring. Towards the end of the tour though, it partially cleared up, which allowed me to take a few nice pictures. Today I went un a short excursion to climb a mountain, to get a nice panoramic view of the region.

There is endless outdoor activities that can be done here, but none of them is really special, I am more looking forward to my next destinations : Climbing an active volcano at Pucon, Whale watching at Puerto Madryn, visiting the Glacier at Calafate ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home