South America Travel Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2005

National Park Torres del Paine


There a diffenet ways to go and enfoy the amazing beauty of this park, I decided that for a change I will go camping. The most popular trek in the park is called the W, because it kind of looks like a W, and that is the one I did as well. The owner of the hostel Erratic Rock, where I stayed in Puerto Natalis, adviced me to take five days to complete it, and to dot it backwards, leaving the towers for the last day of the trek, which I did.
As I could not find a partner for the trek (I had only a couple of hours to do so), I had to carry everthing on my own : A tent, cooking equipment and enough food to last me five days. This meant that my backpack was quite heavy when I started the trek, but it got lighter day by day, as I consumed more of the food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home