South America Travel Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Help me with my ipod

I have been reading over the problem I had with my ipod on the apple discussions board, it seems many other users had the same problem. The problems starts if the ipod is not used for more than 36 hours, and when it is turned on again after that, some file gets corrupted. What is so infuriating about this problem is that it occurs due to a bug in the ipod firmware, and has nothing to do with misusing the ipod (unless you consider not using the ipod for more than 36 hours a misuse of the product), and what is even worste is that following the advice given by the apple support, downloading and running the latest ipod updater, led to completely screwing up my ipod. Anyway after trying every trick suggested by very helpful people on the discussion board without any success, I did a full restore on my ipod loosing all my music.

A month ago this would have made my ipod a completely useless peace of metal, but now with many free podcasts available it is less of a disaster. But if you would like to help my fill up my ipod with some music, that would be greatly appreciated. I have a streamload acount, which you can upload audio files to, either through the website here : http://www.streamload.com/Roots/Upload.asp
or if you want to upload many files, it is much more convenient to get the streamload utility from download.com, and use that, my account name by the way is whendawi.
My favourite cds were Manu Chau, Metalica, The doors, U2, ManĂ¡ and Juanes, but if you have some new cd or single you think its good and you would like to share it with me , I would be glad to download it and try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home