South America Travel Blog

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

El Fin Del Mundo



The end of world, is what they call this city. In reality it does not appear at all like the end of the world, and further south there is still Antarctica, which maybe deserves to be called the end of the world, but Ushuaia is the southern most city on the planet.

Anyway after the exhausting and amazing trip to Torres del Paine, I really was in no mode to do much around here, do not get me wrong, the nature here is nice, it is just that compared to Torres del Paine it looks bland. Add to that the unstable and cold weather, and you understand why I just preferred to relax, eat and drink a lot of wine. There are very good all you can eat Parillas here, mainly offering local lamb, but they have great salad bars as well, you do not really need to eat any meat to feel you got your money worth. I needed some good food after five days of eating camping food.

In the first night I stayed at hostel Antarctica, but they were booked for the nights after so I had to switch to another hostel. I moved to Free Style, a very nice brand new hostel, the problem is that it just does not have the same atmosphere as Antarctica, maybe because it lacks a bar and some music in the living area. Anyway no body was hanging around the living area so I ending up returning to Antarctica in the evenings to meet some people and have a drink.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home